ULI Philadelphia is recruiting 8-10 members to serve on a two-day Technical Assistance Panel (TAP) that will provide Eastwick United strategies for how to finance and build equitable housing solutions for residents affected by climate injustices and severe flooding in the Eastwick neighborhood of Philadelphia.
Questions for expert panel:
- What financial resources, both public and private, are available to finance the construction of the replacement housing and relocation of impacted residents?
- What best building practices can be included in the construction of the replacement housing to mitigate flooding?
- How can we utilize wetlands to create open-green space while simultaneously providing recreational areas and act as flood mitigation mechanisms?
- Can an inter-community relocation process be developed that will make impacted residents whole?
- What are the legal considerations, mechanisms and best practices that can inform an equitable relocation process?
Professional expertise needed from panelist:
- Public and private financing
- Sustainable design and construction
- Civil and structural engineering
- Public Policy, zoning, and legal
- Community development and engagement
- Affordable housing development
- Floodplain planning and management
- Be available for two full days on November 3-4, 2022
- Review extensive briefing materials prior to convening
- Join briefing call one to two weeks prior to convening
- Actively participate in stakeholder interviews, recommendation generation, and findings presentation
- Adhere to ULI Conflict of Interest policy and Code of Ethics
- Panelist Application Deadline: August 31, 2022
- TAP Dates: November 3-4, 2022